AffiliationUniversity of Bedfordshire
Debre Tabor University
University of Toronto
Navrongo Health Research Centre
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRespectful maternity care (RMC) - a fundamental human right for all women - prioritizes autonomy and rights of pregnant and birthing women throughout the entire childbirth journey. Despite increasing acknowledgment of the importance of RMC for optimal maternal and new-born outcomes, women often experience disrespectful and abusive practices during pregnancy and childbirth. This Editorial points to the need for development of international guidelines for the implementation of RMC programs globally.
CitationPuthussery S, Bayih WA, Brown H, Aborigo RA (2023) 'Promoting a global culture of respectful maternity care', BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 23 (798)
JournalBMC Pregnancy and Childbirth
PubMed Central IDPMC10655326
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- Every Mother Counts: listening to mothers to transform maternity care.
- Authors: Baumont MS, Dekker CS, Rabinovitch Blecker N, Turlington Burns C, Strauss NE
- Issue date: 2023 May
- Exploring midwives' perceptions of respectful maternity care during childbirth in Lagos State, Nigeria: A qualitative inquiry.
- Authors: Ngcobo WB, Bell WB
- Issue date: 2022 Oct
- Respectful maternity care during labor and childbirth and associated factors among women who gave birth at health institutions in the West Shewa zone, Oromia region, Central Ethiopia.
- Authors: Bulto GA, Demissie DB, Tulu AS
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 3
- Promoting respectful maternity care using a behavioral design approach in Zambia: results from a mixed-methods evaluation.
- Authors: Smith J, Schachter A, Banay R, Zimmerman E, Vargas A, Sellman A, Kamanga A
- Issue date: 2022 Jun 20
- Operationalizing respectful maternity care at the healthcare provider level: a systematic scoping review.
- Authors: Jolivet RR, Gausman J, Kapoor N, Langer A, Sharma J, Semrau KEA
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 1