Identification of the antigens recognised by colorectal cancer patients using sera from patients who exhibit a Crohn's-like lymphoid reaction
AuthorsBoncheva, Viktoriya Bogdanova
Mills, Ken I.
AffiliationUniversity of Bedfordshire
University Medical Center Rostock
University of Hull
University of Southampton
University College Cork
Crohn’s-like lymphoid reaction (CLR)
immunoglobulin heavy chain
Subject Categories::C550 Immunology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA Crohn's-like lymphoid reaction (CLR) is observed in about 15% of colorectal cancer (CRC) patients and is associated with favourable outcomes. To identify the immune targets recognised by CRC CLR patient sera, we immunoscreened a testes cDNA library with sera from three patients. Immunoscreening of the 18 antigens identified by SEREX with sera from normal donors showed that only the heavy chain of IgG3 (IGHG3) and a novel antigen we named UOB-COL-7, were solely recognised by sera from CRC CLR patients. ELISA showed an elevation in IgG3 levels in patients with CRC (p = 0.01). To extend our studies we analysed the expression of our SEREX-identified antigens using the RNA-sequencing dataset (GSE5206). We found that the transcript levels of multiple IGHG probesets were highly significant (p < 0.001) in their association with clinical features of CRC while above median levels of DAPK1 (p = 0.005) and below median levels of GTF2H5 (p = 0.004) and SH3RF2 (p = 0.02) were associated with improved overall survival. Our findings demonstrate the potential of SEREX-identified CRC CLR antigens to act as biomarkers for CRC and provide a rationale for their further characterization and validation.
CitationBoncheva VB, Linnebacher M, Kdimati S, Draper H, Orchard L, Mills KI, O'Sullivan G, Tangney M, Guinn BA (2022) 'Identification of the antigens recognised by colorectal cancer patients using sera from patients who exhibit a Crohn's-like lymphoid reaction', Biomolecules, 12 (8) 1058
PubMed Central IDPMC9406176
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
- The Crohn's-Like Lymphoid Reaction to Colorectal Cancer-Tertiary Lymphoid Structures With Immunologic and Potentially Therapeutic Relevance in Colorectal Cancer.
- Authors: Maoz A, Dennis M, Greenson JK
- Issue date: 2019
- Comparative validation of assessment criteria for Crohn-like lymphoid reaction in colorectal carcinoma.
- Authors: Kim JH, Kim KJ, Bae JM, Rhee YY, Cho NY, Lee HS, Kang GH
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes, Crohn's-Like Lymphoid Reaction, and Survival From Colorectal Cancer.
- Authors: Rozek LS, Schmit SL, Greenson JK, Tomsho LP, Rennert HS, Rennert G, Gruber SB
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Crohn's-like lymphoid reaction and colorectal carcinoma: a potential histologic prognosticator.
- Authors: Graham DM, Appelman HD
- Issue date: 1990 May
- Identification of GP2, the major zymogen granule membrane glycoprotein, as the autoantigen of pancreatic antibodies in Crohn's disease.
- Authors: Roggenbuck D, Hausdorf G, Martinez-Gamboa L, Reinhold D, Büttner T, Jungblut PR, Porstmann T, Laass MW, Henker J, Büning C, Feist E, Conrad K
- Issue date: 2009 Dec