Preparation, purification, and identification of novel antioxidant peptides derived from Gracilariopsis lemaneiformis protein hydrolysates
AffiliationChinese Academy of Fishery Sciences
Jiangsu Ocean University
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Shanghai Ocean University
University of Bedfordshire
Dalian Polytechnic University
Subject Categories::B400 Nutrition
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGracilariopsis lemaneiformis (G. lemaneiformis) protein was hydrolyzed with alkaline protease to obtain antioxidant peptides. The enzymatic hydrolysis conditions were optimized through single-factor and orthogonal experiments. The results showed that the optimal process parameters were using 2% of alkaline protease, and substrate concentration of 1 g/100 mL and hydrolyzed 2 h at pH 8.0. Gel filtration chromatography and RP-HPLC were adopted for isolating and purifying the antioxidant peptides from the G. lemaneiformis protein hydrolysate (GLPH). Three novel antioxidant peptides were identified as LSPGEL (614.68 Da), VYFDR (698.76 Da), and PGPTY (533.57 Da) by nano-HPLC-MS/MS. The results of ABTS free radical scavenging rate demonstrated PGPTY exhibited the best antioxidant activity (IC50 = 0.24 mg/mL). Moreover, LSPGEL, VYFDR, and PGPTY were docked with Keap1, respectively. The molecular docking results suggested PGPTY had smaller docking energy and inhibition constants than the other two peptides. Finally, the cell viability assay evidenced the protective effect exerted by the antioxidant peptide on H2O2-induced oxidative damage. Above findings showed the potential of using antioxidant peptides from GLPH as antioxidants.
CitationHu X, Liu J, Li J, Song Y, Chen S, Zhou S, Yang X (2022) 'Preparation, purification, and identification of novel antioxidant peptides derived from Gracilariopsis lemaneiformis protein hydrolysates', Frontiers in nutrition, 9 (971419)
JournalFrontiers in nutrition
PubMed Central IDPMC9355161
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
- Novel Antioxidant Peptides from Grateloupia livida Hydrolysates: Purification and Identification.
- Authors: Hu X, Pan C, Cai M, Li L, Yang X, Xiang H, Chen S
- Issue date: 2022 May 20
- [Separation and screening of antioxidant peptides from Scomberomorus niphonius based on nano flow liquid chromatography].
- Authors: Xue Y, Guo R, Zhang B
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 8
- Purification and characterization of novel antioxidant peptides from enzymatic hydrolysates of tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) skin gelatin.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Duan X, Zhuang Y
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Antioxidant Peptides from the Protein Hydrolysate of Monkfish (Lophius litulon) Muscle: Purification, Identification, and Cytoprotective Function on HepG2 Cells Damage by H(2)O(2).
- Authors: Hu XM, Wang YM, Zhao YQ, Chi CF, Wang B
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 10
- Enzymatic Degradation of Gracilariopsis lemaneiformis Polysaccharide and the Antioxidant Activity of Its Degradation Products.
- Authors: Fang T, Zhang X, Hu S, Yu Y, Sun X, Xu N
- Issue date: 2021 May 12