Mentoring at times of crises: personal reflections on mentoring relationships during COVID-19
AffiliationUniversity of Bedfordshire
Subject Categories::A900 Others in Medicine and Dentistry
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCOVID-19 presented a huge challenge for practice, education and all interactions, and mentorship was no different. The purpose of this commentary is to reflect on the juxtaposition between mentors and mentees in dental education during COVID-19. This commentary will focus on the interaction between mentor/mentee outside clinical practice and in relation to supporting and mentoring dental practitioners in the context of postgraduate education. The aim is to share our learning from this experience with other dental educators beyond COVID-19.
CitationWassif HS, Wake C (2022) 'Mentoring at times of crises: personal reflections on mentoring relationships during COVID-19', European Journal of Dental Education, (), pp.-.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Yellow - can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
- Evaluation of a Speed Mentoring Program: Achievement of Short-Term Mentee Goals and Potential for Longer-Term Relationships.
- Authors: Cellini MM, Serwint JR, D'Alessandro DM, Schulte EE, Osman C
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Developing mentorship in a resource-limited context: a qualitative research study of the experiences and perceptions of the makerere university student and faculty mentorship programme.
- Authors: Ssemata AS, Gladding S, John CC, Kiguli S
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 14
- Development and initial validation of a dual-purpose questionnaire capturing mentors' and mentees' perceptions and expectations of the mentoring process.
- Authors: Heeneman S, de Grave W
- Issue date: 2019 May 8
- Mentoring in the Time of COVID-19: An Analysis of Online Focus Groups with Mentors to Youth.
- Authors: Kaufman MR, Wright K, Simon J, Edwards G, Thrul J, DuBois DL
- Issue date: 2022 Mar
- Reflections of mentors and mentees on a national mentoring programme for pharmacists: An examination into relationships, personal and professional development.
- Authors: Mantzourani E, Chang H, Desselle S, Canedo J, Fleming G
- Issue date: 2022 Mar