Enable a facile size re-distribution of MBE-grown Ga-droplets via in situ pulsed laser shooting
in-situ pulsed laser
molecular beam epitaxy
Subject Categories::F361 Laser Physics
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA MBE-prepared Gallium (Ga)-droplet surface on GaAs (001) substrate is in situ irradiated by a single shot of UV pulsed laser. It demonstrates that laser shooting can facilely re-adjust the size of Ga-droplet and a special Ga-droplet of extremely broad size-distribution with width from 16 to 230 nm and height from 1 to 42 nm are successfully obtained. Due to the energetic inhomogeneity across the laser spot, the modification of droplet as a function of irradiation intensity (IRIT) can be straightly investigated on one sample and the correlated mechanisms are clarified. Systematically, the laser resizing can be perceived as: for low irradiation level, laser heating only expands droplets to make mergences among them, so in this stage, the droplet size distribution is solely shifted to the large side; for high irradiation level, laser irradiation not only causes thermal expansion but also thermal evaporation of Ga atom which makes the size-shift move to both sides. All of these size-shifts on Ga-droplets can be strongly controlled by applying different laser IRIT that enables a more designable droplet epitaxy in the future.
CitationGeng B, Shi Z, Chen C, Zhang W, Yang L, Deng C, Yang X, Miao L, Peng C (2021) 'Enable a facile size re-distribution of MBE-grown Ga-droplets via in situ pulsed laser shooting', Nanoscale research letters, 16 (126), pp.-.
JournalNanoscale research letters
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
- Droplet-mediated formation of embedded GaAs nanowires in MBE GaAs(1-x)Bi(x) films.
- Authors: Wood AW, Collar K, Li J, Brown AS, Babcock SE
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 18
- Periodic Two-Dimensional GaAs and InGaAs Quantum Rings Grown on GaAs (001) by Droplet Epitaxy.
- Authors: Tung KH, Huang J, Danner A
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Effects of Thermal Annealing and Selective Chemical Etching on Structural and Optical Properties of GaAsBi Epilayer with Droplet Systems.
- Authors: Erucar T, Kara K, Donmez O, Erol A, Arnoult A, Fontaine C
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 1
- Formation of Ga droplets on patterned GaAs (100) by molecular beam epitaxy.
- Authors: Li MY, Hirono Y, Koukourinkova SD, Sui M, Song S, Kim ES, Lee J, Salamo GJ
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 3
- Modeling of Al and Ga Droplet Nucleation during Droplet Epitaxy or Droplet Etching.
- Authors: Heyn C, Feddersen S
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 12