A randomised-controlled feasibility study of the REgulate your SItting Time (RESIT) intervention for reducing sitting time in individuals with type 2 diabetes: study protocol
AuthorsBailey, Daniel Paul
Edwardson, Charlotte L.
Biddle, Stuart J. H.
Brierley, Marsha L.
Chater, Angel M.
Subject Categories::C600 Sports Science
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPeople with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) generally spend a large amount of time sitting. This increases their risk of cardiovascular disease, premature mortality, diabetes-related complications and mental health problems. There is a paucity of research that has evaluated interventions aimed at reducing and breaking up sitting in people with T2DM. The primary aim of this study is to assess the feasibility of delivering and evaluating a tailored intervention to reduce and break up sitting in ambulatory adults with T2DM.
CitationBailey DP, Edwardson CL, Pappas Y, Dong F, Hewson DJ, Biddle SJH, Brierley ML, Chater AM (2021) 'A randomised-controlled feasibility study of the REgulate your SItting Time (RESIT) intervention for reducing sitting time in individuals with type 2 diabetes: study protocol', Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 7, pp.76-.
JournalPilot and Feasibility Studies
PubMed Central IDPMC7977248
SponsorsDiabetes UK grant number [19/0005972]
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- Randomised Controlled Feasibility Study of the MyHealthAvatar-Diabetes Smartphone App for Reducing Prolonged Sitting Time in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Authors: Bailey DP, Mugridge LH, Dong F, Zhang X, Chater AM
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 19
- A three arm cluster randomised controlled trial to test the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the SMART Work & Life intervention for reducing daily sitting time in office workers: study protocol.
- Authors: Edwardson CL, Biddle SJH, Clarke-Cornwell A, Clemes S, Davies MJ, Dunstan DW, Eborall H, Granat MH, Gray LJ, Healy GN, Richardson G, Yates T, Munir F
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 14
- Stand Out in Class: restructuring the classroom environment to reduce sitting time - findings from a pilot cluster randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Clemes SA, Bingham DD, Pearson N, Chen YL, Edwardson CL, McEachan RRC, Tolfrey K, Cale L, Richardson G, Fray M, Altunkaya J, Bandelow S, Jaicim NB, Salmon J, Dunstan DW, Barber SE
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 29
- Stand Out in Class: restructuring the classroom environment to reduce sedentary behaviour in 9-10-year-olds - study protocol for a pilot cluster randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Clemes SA, Bingham DD, Pearson N, Chen YL, Edwardson C, McEachan R, Tolfrey K, Cale L, Richardson G, Fray M, Bandelow S, Jaicim NB, Salmon J, Dunstan D, Barber SE
- Issue date: 2018