On the simultaneous inversion of micro-perforated panels' parameters: application to single and double air-cavity backed systems
SubjectsMicro-Perforated Panel (MPP) systems
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis study deals with the deduction of parameters of Micro-Perforated Panel (MPP) systems from impedance tube data. It is shown that there is an ambiguity problem that exists between the MPP thickness and its open area ratio. This problem makes it difficult to invert the reflection coefficient data fitting and therefore to deduct the MPP parameters. A technique is proposed to reduce this ambiguity by using an equation that links the hole diameter to the open area ratio. Reflection coefficient data obtained for two specimens with different characteristics is employed for searching the MPP parameters using a simulated annealing algorithm. The results obtained demonstrate the effectiveness of this technique.
CitationTayong RB, Manyo Manyo JA, Siryabe E, Ntamack GE (2018) 'On the simultaneous inversion of micro-perforated panels' parameters: application to single and double air-cavity backed systems', Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 143 (4), pp.2279-2288.
PublisherAcoustical Society of America
- Sound absorption of a micro-perforated panel backed by an irregular-shaped cavity.
- Authors: Wang C, Cheng L, Pan J, Yu G
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Sound absorption and transmission through flexible micro-perforated panels backed by an air layer and a thin plate.
- Authors: Bravo T, Maury C, Pinhède C
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Modeling of micro-perforated panels in a complex vibro-acoustic environment using patch transfer function approach.
- Authors: Maxit L, Yang C, Cheng L, Guyader JL
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Sound absorption of a finite micro-perforated panel backed by a shunted loudspeaker.
- Authors: Tao J, Jing R, Qiu X
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- On the variations of acoustic absorption peak with particle velocity in micro-perforated panels at high level of excitation.
- Authors: Tayong R, Dupont T, Leclaire P
- Issue date: 2010 May