MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesFree Fatty Acid Receptors
AbstractThe digestion, absorption and utilisation of dietary triglycerides are controlled by gut hormones, released from enteroendocrine cells along the length of the gastrointestinal tract. Major players in the detection of ingested lipids are the free fatty acid receptors FFA1 and FFA4, which are highly expressed on enteroendocrine cells. These receptors are activated when free fatty acids (FFA) are absorbed across the intestinal epithelium, and provide a dynamic hormonal signal indicating that lipids are arriving in the bloodstream from the gut. This review addresses our current knowledge of how ingested triglycerides modulate gut hormone release via FFA1 and FFA4.
CitationGribble F, Diakogiannaki E, Reimann F (2017) 'Gut hormone regulation and secretion via FFA1 and FFA4', in Free Fatty Acid Receptors , Springer New York LLC
PublisherSpringer New York LLC
- GPR119, a Major Enteroendocrine Sensor of Dietary Triglyceride Metabolites Coacting in Synergy With FFA1 (GPR40).
- Authors: Ekberg JH, Hauge M, Kristensen LV, Madsen AN, Engelstoft MS, Husted AS, Sichlau R, Egerod KL, Timshel P, Kowalski TJ, Gribble FM, Reiman F, Hansen HS, Howard AD, Holst B, Schwartz TW
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Chylomicrons stimulate incretin secretion in mouse and human cells.
- Authors: Psichas A, Larraufie PF, Goldspink DA, Gribble FM, Reimann F
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- The 2-monoacylglycerol moiety of dietary fat appears to be responsible for the fat-induced release of GLP-1 in humans.
- Authors: Mandøe MJ, Hansen KB, Hartmann B, Rehfeld JF, Holst JJ, Hansen HS
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Functional expression of the free fatty acids receptor-1 and -4 (FFA1/GPR40 and FFA4/GPR120) in bovine endometrial cells.
- Authors: Valenzuela P, Teuber S, Manosalva C, Alarcón P, Figueroa CD, Ratto M, Burgos RA, Hidalgo MA
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Free Fatty Acid Receptors in Enteroendocrine Cells.
- Authors: Lu VB, Gribble FM, Reimann F
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 1