PCF based sensor with high sensitivity, high birefringence and low confinement losses for liquid analyte sensing applications
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this paper, we report a design of high sensitivity Photonic Crystal Fiber (PCF) sensor with high birefringence and low confinement losses for liquid analyte sensing applications. The proposed PCF structures are designed with supplementary elliptical air holes in the core region vertically-shaped V-PCF and horizontally-shaped H-PCF. The full vectorial Finite Element Method (FEM) simulations performed to examine the sensitivity, the confinement losses, the effective refractive index and the modal birefringence features of the proposed elliptical air hole PCF structures. We show that the proposed PCF structures exhibit high relative sensitivity, high birefringence and low confinement losses simultaneously for various analytes.
CitationAdemgil H, Haxha S (2015) 'PCF based sensor with high sensitivity, high birefringence and low confinement losses for liquid analyte sensing applications', Sensors, 15 (12), pp.31833-31842.
PubMed Central IDPMC4721810
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- Design for a high birefringence photonic crystal fiber with multimode and low loss.
- Authors: Gui F, Jiang P, Yang H, Qin Y, Caiyang W
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 1
- Hybrid photonic crystal fiber in chemical sensing.
- Authors: Asaduzzaman S, Ahmed K, Bhuiyan T, Farah T
- Issue date: 2016
- Elliptical defected core photonic crystal fiber with high birefringence and negative flattened dispersion.
- Authors: Kim SE, Kim BH, Lee CG, Lee S, Oh K, Kee CS
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 16
- A Refractive Index Sensor Based on H-Shaped Photonic Crystal Fibers Coated with Ag-Graphene Layers.
- Authors: Li T, Zhu L, Yang X, Lou X, Yu L
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 29
- Simultaneous achievement of highly birefringent and nonlinear photonic crystal fibers with an elliptical tellurite core.
- Authors: Liu M, Yuan H, Shum P, Shao C, Han H, Chu L
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 1