Controlled self-assembly of lambda-DNA networks with the synergistic effect of a DC electric field
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLarge-scale and morphologically controlled self-assembled λ-DNA networks were successfully constructed by the synergistic effect of a DC electric field. The effect of DNA concentration, direction, and intensity of the electric field, even the modification of the mica surface using Mg2+ on the characteristics of the as-prepared DNA networks, were investigated in detail by atomic force microscopy (AFM). It was found that the horizontal electric field was more advantageous to the formation of DNA networks with more regular structures. At the same concentration, the height of DNA network was not affected significantly by the intensity change of the horizontal electric field. The modification of Mg2+ on mica surface increased the aggregation of DNA molecules, which contributed to the morphological change of the DNA networks. Furthermore, DNA molecules were obviously stretched in both horizontal and vertical electric fields at low DNA concentrations.
CitationGao M, Hu J, Wang Y, Liu M, Wang J, Song Z, Xu H, Hu C, Wang Z (2019) 'Controlled self-assembly of lambda-DNA networks with the synergistic effect of a DC electric field', Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 123 (46), pp.9809-9818.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society
JournalJournal of Physical Chemistry B
- DC electric-field-induced DNA stretching for AFM and SNOM studies.
- Authors: Kim JM, Ohtani T, Park JY, Chang SM, Muramatsu H
- Issue date: 2002 May
- Robust deposition of lambda DNA on mica for imaging by AFM in air.
- Authors: Cervantes NA, Gutiérrez-Medina B
- Issue date: 2014 Nov-Dec
- Improved DNA straightening and attachment via optimal Mg<sup>2+</sup> ionic bonding under electric field for AFM imaging in liquid phase.
- Authors: Liu Z, Xu H, Wang Y, Yang F, Yin Y, Zhang S, Weng Z, Song Z, Wang Z
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Imaging stretched single DNA molecules by pulsed-force-mode atomic force microscopy.
- Authors: Kwak KJ, Kudo H, Fujihira M
- Issue date: 2003 Oct-Nov
- Direct measurement of DNA by means of AFM.
- Authors: Ueda M, Baba Y, Iwasaki H, Kurosawa O, Washizu M
- Issue date: 1999