Study of SU-8 photoresist cross-linking process by atomic force acoustic microscopy
Subjectsatomic force acoustic microscopy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this paper, a method is presented to detect the different phases of epoxy cross-linking process and the subsurface structures of SU-8 thin films by atomic force acoustic microscopy (AFAM). The AFAM imaging of SU-8 thin films was investigated under different exposure and bake conditions. Optimized conditions were obtained for the cross-linking of SU-8 thin film at the exposure does of eight laser pulses with the laser fluence 10 mJ cm-2 per pulse and the post exposure bake (PEB) time at 90 s. The subsurface structures of undeveloped SU-8 thin films were visible in the AFAM images. This method provides an effective and low-cost way for the determination of different phases of epoxy cross-linking process in nanostructured compounds, for the non-destructive testing of subsurface defects, and for the evaluation of the quality of patterned structures.
CitationZhao Y, Liu Y, Wang Z, Wang L, Li L, Hou F, Song Z, Weng Z (2019) 'Study of SU-8 photoresist cross-linking process by atomic force acoustic microscopy', Journal of Microscopy, 276 (3), pp.136-144.
JournalJournal of Microscopy
- Atomic force acoustic microscopy reveals the influence of substrate stiffness and topography on cell behavior.
- Authors: Liu Y, Li L, Chen X, Wang Y, Liu MN, Yan J, Cao L, Wang L, Wang ZB
- Issue date: 2019
- Improved adhesion of gold thin films evaporated on polymer resin: applications for sensing surfaces and MEMS.
- Authors: Moazzez B, O'Brien SM, Merschrod S EF
- Issue date: 2013 May 28
- Study of a chemically amplified resist for X-ray lithography by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy.
- Authors: Tan TL, Wong D, Lee P, Rawat RS, Patran A
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Detection of buried reference structures by use of atomic force acoustic microscopy.
- Authors: Striegler A, Koehler B, Bendjus B, Roellig M, Kopycinska-Mueller M, Meyendorf N
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Noninvasive Subcellular Imaging Using Atomic Force Acoustic Microscopy (AFAM).
- Authors: Li X, Lu A, Deng W, Su L, Wang J, Ding M
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 5