AffiliationChangchun University of Science and Technology
University of Warwick
University of Bedfordshire
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAllergic diseases not only bring serious economic burden to the patients, but also consume a lot of substantial resources of social medical systems. Thus, the prevention and treatment of allergic diseases are imperative. In this study, the anti-degranulation activity of herbal formula was evaluated using the rat basophil leukemia cells (RBL-2H3) as in vitro model. The morphological and biophysical properties of RBL-2H3 cells before and after treatment with herbal formula were also determined. Notably, the herbal formula exhibits clearly inhibited degranulation by RBL-2H3 cells in a concentration-dependent manner without cytotoxic effect. Therefore, this herbal formula can be used as an alternative and promising therapeutic agent to ameliorate allergic diseases.
CitationHu J, Chen Y, Zhu J, Gao M, Li J, Song Z, Xu H, Wang Z (2020) 'Anti-degranulation response of herbal formula in RBL-2H3 cells', Micron, 130 (102819)
- Effects of Viola yedoensis Makino anti-itching compound on degranulation and cytokine generation in RBL-2H3 mast cells.
- Authors: Zeng HR, Wang B, Zhao Z, Zhang Q, Liang MY, Yao YQ, Bian K, Zhang WR
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 2
- Food allergy herbal formula 2 protection against peanut anaphylactic reaction is via inhibition of mast cells and basophils.
- Authors: Song Y, Qu C, Srivastava K, Yang N, Busse P, Zhao W, Li XM
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Rosette Nanotubes Alter IgE-Mediated Degranulation in the Rat Basophilic Leukemia (RBL)-2H3 Cell Line.
- Authors: Ede JD, Ortega VA, Boyle D, Beingessner RL, Hemraz UD, Fenniri H, Stafford JL, Goss GG
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- [Anaphylactoid reaction induced by Qingkailing injection via basophils cells degranulation].
- Authors: Zheng X, Li Q, Zhao Y, Yan D, Tu L, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Inhibitory effects of sesquiterpene lactones isolated from Eupatorium chinense L. on IgE-mediated degranulation in rat basophilic leukemia RBL-2H3 cells and passive cutaneous anaphylaxis reaction in mice.
- Authors: Itoh T, Oyama M, Takimoto N, Kato C, Nozawa Y, Akao Y, Iinuma M
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 15