Downregulation of hsa_circ_0000285 serves as a prognostic biomarker for bladder cancer and is involved in cisplatin resistance
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBladder cancer remains a very challenging disease to treat with the high rates of recurrence and progression associated with current therapies. Although the association between bladder cancer pathology and circRNAs remains undetermined, circRNAs signatures may be useful as prognostic and predictive factors and clinical tools for assessing disease state, treatment response and outcome. This study investigates if these circRNAs can be used as biomarkers for bladder cancer diagnosis and predicting treatment response. Herein, qPCR measured the expression of hsa_circRNA_100783, hsa_circ_0000285 and hsa_circRNA_100782 in bladder cancer tissues. It was established that sa_circ_0000285, but not hsa_circRNA_100782 and hsa_circRNA_10078, are significantly reduced in bladder cancer tissues and serum compared to adjacent tissues and healthy controls. Moreover, hsa_circ_0000285 expression was lower in cisplatin-resistant bladder cancer patients than in those who were cisplatin-sensitive. Here, hsa_circ_0000285 was associated with tumor size (p<0.001), differentiation (p<0.001), lymph node metastasis (p=0.038), distant metastasis (p=0.004) and TNM stage (p=0.013). Further analysis showed that hsa_circ_0000285 would be an independent prognostic factor for bladder cancer patient outcome. In conclusion, our study indicates hsa_circ_0000285 may be a novel biomarker for bladder cancer because of its involvement in bladder cancer chemo-sensitivity.
CitationWang S, Chi B, Zhao D, Liu L, Yin X, Wang F, Bi S, Gui S, Zhou S, Qin W, Wu D (2019) 'Downregulation of hsa_circ_0000285 serves as a prognostic biomarker for bladder cancer and is involved in cisplatin resistance', Neoplasma -Bratislava-, 66 (2), pp.197-202.
- Analysis of ceRNA network identifies prognostic circRNA biomarkers in bladder cancer.
- Authors: Liu L, Wu SQ, Zhu X, Xu R, Ai K, Zhang L, Zhao XK
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Low Expression of hsa_circ_0018069 in Human Bladder Cancer and Its Clinical Significance.
- Authors: Li M, Wang Y, Liu Y, Zhang X, Liu J, Wang P
- Issue date: 2019
- Circular RNA Hsa_Circ_0091579 Serves as a Diagnostic and Prognostic Marker for Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Authors: Zhang C, Zhang C, Lin J, Wang H
- Issue date: 2018
- Identification of urinary hsa_circ _0137439 as potential biomarker and tumor regulator of bladder cancer.
- Authors: Song Z, Zhang Q, Zhu J, Yin G, Lin L, Liang C
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Downregulation of circular RNA hsa_circ_0000144 inhibits bladder cancer progression via stimulating miR-217 and suppressing RUNX2 expression.
- Authors: Huang W, Lu Y, Wang F, Huang X, Yu Z
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 15