Application of graphene-based materials for detection of nitrate and nitrite in water—a review
reduced graphene oxide
H122 Water Quality Control
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNitrite and nitrate are widely found in various water environments but the potential toxicity of nitrite and nitrate poses a great threat to human health. Recently, many methods have been developed to detect nitrate and nitrite in water. One of them is to use graphene-based materials. Graphene is a two-dimensional carbon nano-material with sp2 hybrid orbital, which has a large surface area and excellent conductivity and electron transfer ability. It is widely used for modifying electrodes for electrochemical sensors. Graphene based electrochemical sensors have the advantages of being low cost, effective and efficient for nitrite and nitrate detection. This paper reviews the application of graphene-based nanomaterials for electrochemical detection of nitrate and nitrite in water. The properties and advantages of the electrodes were modified by graphene, graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide nanocomposite in the development of nitrite sensors are discussed in detail. Based on the review, the paper summarizes the working conditions and performance of different sensors, including working potential, pH, detection range, detection limit, sensitivity, reproducibility, repeatability and long-term stability. Furthermore, the challenges and suggestions for future research on the application of graphene-based nanocomposite electrochemical sensors for nitrite detection are also highlighted.
CitationLi D, Wang T, Li Z, Xu X, Wang C, Duan Y (2020) 'Application of graphene-based materials for detection of nitrate and nitrite in water—a review', Sensors, 20 (1)
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- Composite of Cu metal nanoparticles-multiwall carbon nanotubes-reduced graphene oxide as a novel and high performance platform of the electrochemical sensor for simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate.
- Authors: Bagheri H, Hajian A, Rezaei M, Shirzadmehr A
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 15
- Graphene-family materials in electrochemical aptasensors.
- Authors: Amiri M, Nekoueian K, Saberi RS
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- A facile fabrication of copper particle-decorated novel graphene flower composites for enhanced detecting of nitrite.
- Authors: Wang H, Wang C, Yang B, Zhai C, Bin D, Zhang K, Yang P, Du Y
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 21
- Beyond graphene: Electrochemical sensors and biosensors for biomarkers detection.
- Authors: Bollella P, Fusco G, Tortolini C, Sanzò G, Favero G, Gorton L, Antiochia R
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 15
- Sensitive electrochemical sensor for nitrite ions based on rose-like AuNPs/MoS<sub>2</sub>/graphene composite.
- Authors: Han Y, Zhang R, Dong C, Cheng F, Guo Y
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 1