Self-repair behaviour of the neuronal cell membrane by conductive atomic force indentation
atomic force microscope
atomic force microscopy
C130 Cell Biology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractConductive atomic force indentation (CAFI) was proposed to study the self-repair behaviour of the neuronal cell membrane here. CAFI was used to detect the changes of membrane potentials by performing the mechanical indentation on neurons with a conductive atomic force microscope. In the experiment, a special insulation treatment was made on the conductive probe, which turned out to be a conductive nanoelectrode, to implement the CAFI function. The mechanical properties of the neuronal cell membrane surface were tested and the membrane potential changes of neurons cultured in vitro were detected. The self-repair behaviour of the neuronal cell membrane after being punctured was investigated. The experiment results show that CAFI provides a new way for the study of self-repair behaviours of neuronal cell membranes and mechanical and electrical properties of living cells.
CitationLiu C, Han X, Yang X,Tian L, Wang Y, Wang X, Yang H, Ge Z, Hu C, Liu C, Song Z, Weng Z, Wang Z (2019) 'Self-repair behaviour of the neuronal cell membrane by conductive atomic force indentation', IET Nanobiotechnology, 13 (9), pp.891-895.
- Neuronal elasticity as measured by atomic force microscopy.
- Authors: Mustata M, Ritchie K, McNally HA
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 30
- Combining constitutive materials modeling with atomic force microscopy to understand the mechanical properties of living cells.
- Authors: McElfresh M, Baesu E, Balhorn R, Belak J, Allen MJ, Rudd RE
- Issue date: 2002 Apr 30
- Direct investigation of current transport in cells by conductive atomic force microscopy.
- Authors: Zhao W, Cheong LZ, Xu S, Cui W, Song S, Rourk CJ, Shen C
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Elastic properties of the cell surface and trafficking of single AMPA receptors in living hippocampal neurons.
- Authors: Yersin A, Hirling H, Kasas S, Roduit C, Kulangara K, Dietler G, Lafont F, Catsicas S, Steiner P
- Issue date: 2007 Jun 15
- Computational analysis of adhesion force in the indentation of cells using atomic force microscopy.
- Authors: Zhang CY, Zhang YW
- Issue date: 2008 Feb