Study of morphological and mechanical features of multinuclear and mononuclear SW480 cells by atomic force microscopy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis article studies the morphological and mechanical features of multinuclear and mononuclear SW480 colon cancer cells by atomic force microscopy to understand their drug‐resistance. The SW480 cells were incubated with the fullerenol concentrations of 1 mg/ml and 2 mg/ml. Morphological and mechanical features including the height, length, width, roughness, adhesion force and Young's modulus of three multinuclear cell groups and three mononuclear cell groups were imaged and analyzed. It was observed that the features of multinuclear cancer cells and mononuclear cancer cells were significantly different after the treatment with fullerenol. The experiment results indicated that the mononuclear SW480 cells were more sensitive to fullerenol than the multinuclear SW480 cells, and the multinuclear SW480 cells exhibited a stronger drug‐resistance than the mononuclear SW480 cells. This work provides a guideline for the treatments of multinuclear and mononuclear cancer cells with drugs.
CitationLiu J, Qu Y, Wang G, Wang X, Zhang W, Li J, Wang Z*, Li D, Jiang J (2018) 'Study of morphological and mechanical features of multinuclear and mononuclear SW480 cells by atomic force microscopy', Microscopy Research and Technique, 81 (1), pp.3-12.
SponsorsEU FP7, Grant/Award Number: BioRA No.612641; China‐EU H2020, Grant/Award Number: FabSurfWAR Nos.2016YFE0112100 and 644971; EU H2020, Grant/Award Number: MNR4SCell No.734174; International Science and Technology Cooperation Program of China, Grant/Award Number: 2012DFA11070; Jilin Provincial Science and Technology Program, Grant/Award Number: 20140414009GH, 20140622009JC and 20160623002TC
- Mechanical properties study of SW480 cells based on AFM.
- Authors: Liu X, Song Z, Qu Y, Wang G, Wang Z
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- AFM-based study of fullerenol (C60(OH)24)-induced changes of elasticity in living SMCC-7721 cells.
- Authors: Liu Y, Wang Z, Wang X
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Quantitative analysis of dynamic adhesion properties in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells with fullerenol.
- Authors: Liu Y, Wang Z, Wang X, Huang Y
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Investigation of fullerenol-induced changes in poroelasticity of human hepatocellular carcinoma by AFM-based creep tests.
- Authors: Zhu X, Cirovic S, Shaheen A, Xu W
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- An Atomic Force Microscope Study Revealed Two Mechanisms in the Effect of Anticancer Drugs on Rate-Dependent Young's Modulus of Human Prostate Cancer Cells.
- Authors: Ren J, Huang H, Liu Y, Zheng X, Zou Q
- Issue date: 2015