Effect of extract from ginseng rust rot on the inhibition of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells in vitro
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is one of major leading causes of cancer death worldwide. As a traditional medicine, the anti-cancer function of ginseng is being growingly recognized and investigated. However, the effect of ginseng rust rot on human HCC is unknown yet. In this study, the HCC cells were treated with different parts of mountain cultivated ginseng rust rot and compared with human normal liver cells. The morphology, survival rate and β-actin expression of the cells were changed by introducing the ginseng epidermis during the incubation process. Notably, the results reveal that the ginseng epidermis can induce apoptosis by altering the morphologies of cells, indicating the practical implication for the HCC treatment and drug development.
CitationHu J, Jiao J, Wang Y, Gao M, Lu Z, Yang F, Hu C, Song Z, Chen Y, Wang Z (2019) 'Effect of extract from ginseng rust rot on the inhibition of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells in vitro', Micron, 124 (), pp.102710-.
SponsorsNational Key R&D Program of China (No.2017YFE0112100), EU H2020 Program (MNR4SCELL No.734174), Jilin Provincial Science and Technology Program (Nos. 20160623002TC, 20180414002GH, 20180414081GH, 20180520203JH and 20190702002GH), and “111” Project of China (D17017)
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- Intestinal metabolite compound K of ginseng saponin potently attenuates metastatic growth of hepatocellular carcinoma by augmenting apoptosis via a Bid-mediated mitochondrial pathway.
- Authors: Song G, Guo S, Wang W, Hu C, Mao Y, Zhang B, Zhang H, Hu T
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 22
- AFM-detected apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells induced by American ginseng root water extract.
- Authors: Qu Y, Wang Z, Zhao F, Liu J, Zhang W, Li J, Song Z, Xu H
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Fermented red ginseng extract inhibits cancer cell proliferation and viability.
- Authors: Oh J, Jeon SB, Lee Y, Lee H, Kim J, Kwon BR, Yu KY, Cha JD, Hwang SM, Choi KM, Jeong YS
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- A formulated red ginseng extract upregulates CHOP and increases TRAIL-mediated cytotoxicity in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells.
- Authors: Lee YS, Lee DG, Lee JY, Kim TR, Hong SS, Kwon SW, Kim YS
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Computational Discovery of Niclosamide Ethanolamine, a Repurposed Drug Candidate That Reduces Growth of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells In Vitro and in Mice by Inhibiting Cell Division Cycle 37 Signaling.
- Authors: Chen B, Wei W, Ma L, Yang B, Gill RM, Chua MS, Butte AJ, So S
- Issue date: 2017 Jun