Nonlinear chaotic component extraction for postural stability analysis
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis paper proposes a nonlinear analysis of the human postural steadiness system. The analyzed signal is the displacement of the centre of pressure (COP) collected from a force plate used for measuring postural sway. Instead of analyzing the classical nonlinear parameters on the whole signal, the proposed method consists of analyzing the nonlinear dynamics of the intrinsic mode functions (IMF) of the COP signal. Based on the computation of the IMFs Lyapunov exponents, it is shown that pre-processing the COP signal with the Empirical Mode Decomposition allows an efficient extraction of its chaotic component.
CitationSnoussi H, Hewson D, Duchene J (2009) 'Nonlinear chaotic component extraction for postural stability analysis', 2009 Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society - Minneapolis, IEEE.
JournalConference proceedings : ... Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Annual Conference
TypeConference papers, meetings and proceedings
- Reconstructed phase spaces of intrinsic mode functions. Application to postural stability analysis.
- Authors: Snoussi H, Amoud H, Doussot M, Hewson D, Duchêne J
- Issue date: 2006
- Hilbert-Huang transformation: application to postural stability analysis.
- Authors: Amoud H, Snoussi H, Hewson DJ, Duchêne J
- Issue date: 2007
- Nonlinear analysis of posturographic data.
- Authors: Ladislao L, Fioretti S
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Morphological processing of physiological signals for feature extraction.
- Authors: Samanta B
- Issue date: 2009
- Assessment of chaotic parameters in nonstationary electrocardiograms by use of empirical mode decomposition.
- Authors: Salisbury JI, Sun Y
- Issue date: 2004 Oct