MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGrip force measurement is routinely used to identify pathologies, evaluate muscular function, and as part of rehabilitation. Grip force has also been shown to be a good indicator of the capacity of elderly to live independently owing to its strong relationship with clinical tests such as the Index of Activities of Daily Living. An autonomous, communicant grip-force measurement device is presented in this paper in order to perform grip-force evaluation at home. The Domo-Grip system consists of the Grip-Ball, the Grip-Box, and Grip-Soft. The Grip-Ball measures the pressure resulting from grip force, the Grip-Box serves as the communication hub, while Grip-Soft is an interactive software suite. The Domo-Grip system can be used as part of a home-based rehabilitation, and also for functional evaluation as part of an assessment of the capacity of elderly to live autonomously.
CitationHewson DJ, Li K, Frerejean A, Hogrel JY, Duchene J (2010) 'Domo-Grip: functional evaluation and rehabilitation using grip', 2010 Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology - Buenos Aires, IEEE.
JournalConference proceedings : ... Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Annual Conference
TypeConference papers, meetings and proceedings
- Force tracking system for the assessment of grip force control in patients with neuromuscular diseases.
- Authors: Kurillo G, Zupan A, Bajd T
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Design and validation of the Grip-ball for measurement of hand grip strength.
- Authors: Jaber R, Hewson DJ, Duchêne J
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- An evaluation of the contact forces on the fingers when squeezing a spherical rehabilitation ball.
- Authors: Wu JZ, Sinsel EW, Warren CM, Welcome DE
- Issue date: 2018
- Influence of aging and visual feedback on the stability of hand grip control in elderly adults.
- Authors: Lin CH, Sung WH, Chiang SL, Lee SC, Lu LH, Wang PC, Wang XM
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Reliability and validity of the Grip-Ball dynamometer for grip-strength measurement.
- Authors: Chkeir A, Jaber R, Hewson DJ, Duchêne J
- Issue date: 2012