Johnson, Matthew G.
Kim, Jan T.
Wickett, Norman J.
Baker, William J.
AffiliationRoyal Botanic Gardens, Kew
University of Bedfordshire
Centre for Plant Biotechnology and Genomics, Madrid
Texas Tech University
Chicago Botanic Garden
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh-throughput DNA sequencing (HTS) presents great opportunities for plant systematics, yet genomic complexity needs to be reduced for HTS to be effectively applied. We highlight Hyb-Seq as a promising approach, especially in light of the recent development of probes enriching 353 low-copy nuclear genes from any flowering plant taxon.
CitationDodsworth S, Pokorny L, Johnson MG, Kim JT, Maurin O, Wickett NJ, Forest F, Baker WJ (2019) 'Hyb-Seq for flowering plant systematics', Trends in Plant Science, 24 (10), pp.887-891.
JournalTrends in Plant Science
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Yellow - can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
- A Universal Probe Set for Targeted Sequencing of 353 Nuclear Genes from Any Flowering Plant Designed Using k-Medoids Clustering.
- Authors: Johnson MG, Pokorny L, Dodsworth S, Botigué LR, Cowan RS, Devault A, Eiserhardt WL, Epitawalage N, Forest F, Kim JT, Leebens-Mack JH, Leitch IJ, Maurin O, Soltis DE, Soltis PS, Wong GK, Baker WJ, Wickett NJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 1
- Hyb-Seq: Combining target enrichment and genome skimming for plant phylogenomics.
- Authors: Weitemier K, Straub SC, Cronn RC, Fishbein M, Schmickl R, McDonnell A, Liston A
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Nuclear and plastid DNA phylogeny of tribe Cardueae (Compositae) with Hyb-Seq data: A new subtribal classification and a temporal diversification framework.
- Authors: Herrando-Moraira S, Cardueae Radiations Group (in alphabetical order)., Calleja JA, Galbany-Casals M, Garcia-Jacas N, Liu JQ, López-Alvarado J, López-Pujol J, Mandel JR, Massó S, Montes-Moreno N, Roquet C, Sáez L, Sennikov A, Susanna A, Vilatersana R
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Sequence Capture versus Restriction Site Associated DNA Sequencing for Shallow Systematics.
- Authors: Harvey MG, Smith BT, Glenn TC, Faircloth BC, Brumfield RT
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Evolutionary history of chloridoid grasses estimated from 122 nuclear loci.
- Authors: Fisher AE, Hasenstab KM, Bell HL, Blaine E, Ingram AL, Columbus JT
- Issue date: 2016 Dec