Furmanski, Anna L.
Millrain, Maggie M.
MacDonald, H. Robson
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHow positive selection molds the T cell repertoire has been difficult to examine. In this study, we use TCR-β-transgenic mice in which MHC shapes TCR-α use. Differential AV segment use is directly related to the constraints placed on the composition of the CDR3 loops. Where these constraints are low, efficient selection of αβ pairs follows. This mode of selection preferentially uses favored AV-AJ rearrangements and promotes diversity. Increased constraint on the α CDR3 loops leads to inefficient selection associated with uncommon recombination events and limited diversity. Further, the two modes of selection favor alternate sets of AJ segments. We discuss the relevance of these findings to the imprint of self-MHC restriction and peripheral T cell activation.
CitationFerreira C, Furmanski A, Millrain M, Bartok I, Guillaume P, Lees R, Simpson E, MacDonald HR, Dyson J (2006) 'TCR-alpha CDR3 loop audition regulates positive selection', Journal of Immunology, 177 (4), pp.2477-2485.
PublisherAmerican Association of Immunologists
JournalJournal of Immunology
- T cell receptor CDR3 loop length repertoire is determined primarily by features of the V(D)J recombination reaction.
- Authors: Hughes MM, Yassai M, Sedy JR, Wehrly TD, Huang CY, Kanagawa O, Gorski J, Sleckman BP
- Issue date: 2003 Jun
- Analysis of the CDR3 region of alpha/beta T-cell receptors (TCRs) and TCR BD gene double-stranded recombination signal sequence breaks end in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Xin-Sheng Y, Zheng-Jun X, Li M, Wan-Bang S, Wei-Yang Z, Qian W, Zhi-Ming H, Min-Jie M, Ying L, Zhen-Qiang W, Xiao-Wei H, Ju-Fang W, Xiao-Ning W
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Human TCR-MHC coevolution after divergence from mice includes increased nontemplate-encoded CDR3 diversity.
- Authors: Chen X, Poncette L, Blankenstein T
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 6
- Analysis of the CDR3 length repertoire and the diversity of TCR alpha chain in human peripheral blood T lymphocytes.
- Authors: Yao XS, Diao Y, Sun WB, Luo JM, Qin M, Tang XY
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Selective expression of the 21-kilodalton tyrosine-phosphorylated form of TCR zeta promotes the emergence of T cells with autoreactive potential.
- Authors: Pitcher LA, Mathis MA, Subramanian S, Young JA, Wakeland EK, Love PE, van Oers NS
- Issue date: 2005 May 15