AffiliationUniversity of Bedfordshire
water quality index
D443 Water Resource Management
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing a single numerical value to indicate the quality of water, a so-called Water Quality Index (WQI) is a well-established way of rating the overall water quality status of a given water body. During the last few years, researchers in the water sector have developed different such indices to address their specific needs. In this study, we attempt to obtain a WQI formula suited for evaluating the water quality of the River Lea. We have selected four different sites on the River Lea and explore the possibility of monitoring using a minimum number of parameters only. The results obtained are very encouraging and provide a strong indication that only three parameters are enough to indicate water quality of a water body.
CitationAjmal T, Anyachebelu TK, Conrad M, Rawson DM (2019) 'Evaluating urban surface water quality in Luton', Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 191 (3), pp.147-.
PubMed Central IDPMC6373320
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- Performance of biotic indices in comparison to chemical-based Water Quality Index (WQI) in evaluating the water quality of urban river.
- Authors: Wan Abdul Ghani WMH, Abas Kutty A, Mahazar MA, Al-Shami SA, Ab Hamid S
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 19
- Water Quality Index (WQI) of Jaguari and Atibaia Rivers in the region of Paulínia, São Paulo, Brazil.
- Authors: Ramos MA, de Oliveira ES, Pião AC, Leite DA, de Angelis Dde F
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Quality index of the surface water of Amazonian rivers in industrial areas in Pará, Brazil.
- Authors: Medeiros AC, Faial KRF, do Carmo Freitas Faial K, da Silva Lopes ID, de Oliveira Lima M, Guimarães RM, Mendonça NM
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 15
- Temporal and spatial characteristics of the water pollutant concentration in Huaihe River Basin from 2003 to 2012, China.
- Authors: Dou M, Zhang Y, Li G
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Development of river water quality indices-a review.
- Authors: Sutadian AD, Muttil N, Yilmaz AG, Perera BJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jan