Postprandial insulin and triglyceride concentrations are suppressed in response to breaking up prolonged sitting in Qatari females
AuthorsChrismas, Bryna C.
Sayegh, Suzan M.
Allenjawi, Salwa Hassan
Bailey, Daniel Paul
AffiliationUniversity of Bedfordshire
Qatar Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital
MetadataShow full item record
CitationChrismas BC, Taylor L, Cherif A, Sayegh S, Rizk NM, El-Gamal A, Allenjawi SH, Bailey DP (2019) 'Postprandial insulin and triglyceride concentrations are suppressed in response to breaking up prolonged sitting in Qatari females', Frontiers in Physiology, 10 (706)
JournalFrontiers in Physiology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- Breaking up prolonged sitting with moderate-intensity walking improves attention and executive function in Qatari females.
- Authors: Chrismas BCR, Taylor L, Cherif A, Sayegh S, Bailey DP
- Issue date: 2019
- Beneficial postprandial lipaemic effects of interrupting sedentary time with high-intensity physical activity versus a continuous moderate-intensity physical activity bout: A randomised crossover trial.
- Authors: Maylor BD, Zakrzewski-Fruer JK, Orton CJ, Bailey DP
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Interrupting prolonged sitting with repeated chair stands or short walks reduces postprandial insulinemia in healthy adults.
- Authors: Gillen JB, Estafanos S, Williamson E, Hodson N, Malowany JM, Kumbhare D, Moore DR
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 1
- Combined effects of continuous exercise and intermittent active interruptions to prolonged sitting on postprandial glucose, insulin, and triglycerides in adults with obesity: a randomized crossover trial.
- Authors: Wheeler MJ, Green DJ, Cerin E, Ellis KA, Heinonen I, Lewis J, Naylor LH, Cohen N, Larsen R, Dempsey PC, Kingwell BA, Owen N, Dunstan DW
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 14
- Effects of breaking up prolonged sitting following low and high glycaemic index breakfast consumption on glucose and insulin concentrations.
- Authors: Bailey DP, Maylor BD, Orton CJ, Zakrzewski-Fruer JK
- Issue date: 2017 Jul