On textual analysis and machine learning for cyberstalking detection
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCyber security has become a major concern for users and businesses alike. Cyberstalking and harassment have been identified as a growing anti-social problem. Besides detecting cyberstalking and harassment, there is the need to gather digital evidence, often by the victim. To this end, we provide an overview of and discuss relevant technological means, in particular coming from text analytics as well as machine learning, that are capable to address the above challenges. We present a framework for the detection of text-based cyberstalking and the role and challenges of some core techniques such as author identification, text classification and personalisation. We then discuss PAN, a network and evaluation initiative that focusses on digital text forensics, in particular author identification.
CitationFrommholz I, Al-Khateeb H, Potthast M, Ghasem Z, Shukla M, Short E (2016) 'On textual analysis and machine learning for cyberstalking detection', Datenbank-Spektrum : Zeitschrift fur Datenbanktechnologie : Organ der Fachgruppe Datenbanken der Gesellschaft fur Informatik e.V, 16 (2), pp.127-135.
JournalDatenbank-Spektrum : Zeitschrift fur Datenbanktechnologie : Organ der Fachgruppe Datenbanken der Gesellschaft fur Informatik e.V
PubMed Central IDPMC5750836
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- Identification of cyber harassment and intention of target users on social media platforms.
- Authors: Abarna S, Sheeba JI, Jayasrilakshmi S, Devaneyan SP
- Issue date: 2022 Oct
- Cyberstalking in a large sample of social network users: prevalence, characteristics, and impact upon victims.
- Authors: Dreßing H, Bailer J, Anders A, Wagner H, Gallas C
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- An intelligent cyber security phishing detection system using deep learning techniques.
- Authors: Mughaid A, AlZu'bi S, Hnaif A, Taamneh S, Alnajjar A, Elsoud EA
- Issue date: 2022 May 14
- Diverging deep learning cognitive computing techniques into cyber forensics.
- Authors: Karie NM, Kebande VR, Venter HS
- Issue date: 2019
- Cyber-Defense: A Taxonomy of Tactics for Managing Cyberstalking.
- Authors: Tokunaga RS, Aune KS
- Issue date: 2017 May