O'Neill, Helen C.
AffiliationUniversity College London
Marie Stopes International
Sex Education Forum
University of Bedfordshire
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
Public Health England
Progress Educational Trust
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Leeds Centre for Reproductive Medicine
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWomen and men globally are delaying the birth of their first child. In the UK, the average age of first conception in women is 29 years. Women experience age-related fertility decline so it is important that men and women are well-informed about this, and other aspects of fertility. A group of UK stakeholders have established the Fertility Education Initiative to develop tools and information for children, adults, teachers, parents and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving knowledge of fertility and reproductive health.
CitationHarper J, Boivin J, O'Neill HC, Brian K, Dhingra J, Dugdale G, Edwards G, Emmerson L, Grace B, Hadley A, Hamzic L, Heathcote J, Hepburn J, Hoggart L, Kisby F, Norcross S, Mann S, Seenan S, Regan L, Walker H, Stephenson J, Balen A (2017) 'The need to improve fertility awareness', Reproductive biomedicine & society online, 4 (), pp.18-20.
PubMed Central IDPMC5952813
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- Delayed child-bearing.
- Authors: Johnson JA, Tough S, SOGC GENETICS COMMITTEE.
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Advanced reproductive age and fertility.
- Authors: Liu K, Case A, REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGY AND INFERTILITY COMMITTEE.
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- The effect of age, ethnicity, and level of education on fertility awareness and duration of infertility.
- Authors: Swift BE, Liu KE
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Men's knowledge of their own fertility: a population-based survey examining the awareness of factors that are associated with male infertility.
- Authors: Daumler D, Chan P, Lo KC, Takefman J, Zelkowitz P
- Issue date: 2016 Dec