B800 Medical Technology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMyHealthAvatar (MHA) is built on the latest information and communications technology with the aim of collecting lifestyle and health data to promote citizen's wellbeing. According to the collected data, MHA offers visual analytics of lifestyle data, contributes to individualised disease prediction and prevention, and supports healthy lifestyles and independent living. The iManageCancer project aims to empower patients and strengthen self-management in cancer diseases. Therefore, MHA has contributed to the iManageCancer scenario and provides functionality to the iManageCancer platform in terms of its support of lifestyle management of cancer patients by providing them with services to help their cancer management. This paper presents two different MHA-based Android applications for breast and prostate cancer patients. The components in these apps facilitate health and lifestyle data presentation and analysis, including weight control, activity, mood and sleep data collection, promotion of physical exercise after surgery, questionnaires and helpful information. These components can be used cooperatively to achieve flexible visual analysis of spatiotemporal lifestyle and health data and can also help patients discover information about their disease and its management.
CitationZhang X, Deng Z, Parvinzamir F, Dong F (2018) 'MyHealthAvatar lifestyle management support for cancer patients', ecancermedicalscience, 12 (), pp.849-.
Publisherecancer Global Foundation
PubMed Central IDPMC6057657
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- iManageMyHealth and iSupportMyPatients: mobile decision support and health management apps for cancer patients and their doctors.
- Authors: Schera F, Schäfer M, Bucur A, van Leeuwen J, Ngantchjon EH, Graf N, Kondylakis H, Koumakis L, Marias K, Kiefer S
- Issue date: 2018
- The impact of a Web-based app (eBalance) in promoting healthy lifestyles: randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Safran Naimark J, Madar Z, Shahar DR
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 2
- Mobile Apps for Medication Management: Review and Analysis.
- Authors: Tabi K, Randhawa AS, Choi F, Mithani Z, Albers F, Schnieder M, Nikoo M, Vigo D, Jang K, Demlova R, Krausz M
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 11
- Data-as-a-Service Platform for Delivering Healthy Lifestyle and Preventive Medicine: Concept and Structure of the DAPHNE Project.
- Authors: Gibbons C, Bailador Del Pozo G, Andrés J, Lobstein T, Manco M, Lewy H, Bergman E, O'Callaghan D, Doherty G, Kudrautseva O, Palomares A, Ram R, Olmo A
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 9
- Adults' Preferences for Behavior Change Techniques and Engagement Features in a Mobile App to Promote 24-Hour Movement Behaviors: Cross-Sectional Survey Study.
- Authors: DeSmet A, De Bourdeaudhuij I, Chastin S, Crombez G, Maddison R, Cardon G
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 20