Subjectswireless body area networks
patterns-of-life aided authentication
G420 Networks and Communications
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWireless Body Area Network (WBAN) applications have grown immensely in the past few years. However, security and privacy of the user are two major obstacles in their development. The complex and very sensitive nature of the body-mounted sensors means the traditional network layer security arrangements are not sufficient to employ their full potential, and novel solutions are necessary. In contrast, security methods based on physical layers tend to be more suitable and have simple requirements. The problem of initial trust needs to be addressed as a prelude to the physical layer security key arrangement. This paper proposes a patterns-of-life aided authentication model to solve this issue. The model employs the wireless channel fingerprint created by the user’s behavior characterization. The performance of the proposed model is established through experimental measurements at 2.45 GHz. Experimental results show that high correlation values of 0.852 to 0.959 with the habitual action of the user in different scenarios can be used for auxiliary identity authentication, which is a scalable result for future studies.
CitationZhao N, Ren A, Zhang Z, Zhu T, Ur Rehman M, Yang X, Hu F (2016) 'Patterns-of-life aided authentication', Sensors, 16 (10), pp.1574-.
PubMed Central IDPMC5087363
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- Secure anonymous mutual authentication for star two-tier wireless body area networks.
- Authors: Ibrahim MH, Kumari S, Das AK, Wazid M, Odelu V
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- A secured authentication protocol for wireless sensor networks using elliptic curves cryptography.
- Authors: Yeh HL, Chen TH, Liu PC, Kim TH, Wei HW
- Issue date: 2011
- An efficient anonymous authentication scheme for wireless body area networks using elliptic curve cryptosystem.
- Authors: Zhao Z
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Efficient and Anonymous Authentication Scheme for Wireless Body Area Networks.
- Authors: Wu L, Zhang Y, Li L, Shen J
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- A bilinear pairing based anonymous authentication scheme in wireless body area networks for mHealth.
- Authors: Jiang Q, Lian X, Yang C, Ma J, Tian Y, Yang Y
- Issue date: 2016 Nov