AffiliationUniversity of Bedfordshire
Subjectsinternational institutionalization of children
children in care
children in alternative accommodation
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis article gives an overview of the international literature pertaining to the nature and impact of violence against children who are accommodated within alternative care provision
CitationBrodie I, Pearce J (2017) 'Violence and alternative care: a rapid review of the evidence’', Psychology, Health and Medicine, 22 (51), pp.254-265.
PublisherTaylor and Francis
JournalPsychology, Health and Medicine
- Estimating the number of children in formal alternative care: Challenges and results.
- Authors: Petrowski N, Cappa C, Gross P
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Health of children adopted from Guatemala: comparison of orphanage and foster care.
- Authors: Miller L, Chan W, Comfort K, Tirella L
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- The prevalence of child sexual abuse in out-of-home care: a comparison between abuse in residential and in foster care.
- Authors: Euser S, Alink LR, Tharner A, van Ijzendoorn MH, Bakermans-Kranenburg MJ
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Satisfaction of children in out-of-home care.
- Authors: Wilson L, Conroy J
- Issue date: 1999 Jan-Feb
- Child violence experiences in institutionalised/orphanage care.
- Authors: Sherr L, Roberts KJ, Gandhi N
- Issue date: 2017 Mar