Take note of the fuss: selective eating and autistic spectrum disorders
AffiliationUniversity of Bedfordshire
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSelective eating in children can be a huge concern for parents. In most cases the problem is self-limiting and it can be associated with a developmental disorder. This article presents observations from two case studies from a child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) in the south east of England that link selective eating with autistic spectrum disorders (ASD). It concludes with recommendations to consider ASD, alongside dietetic advice, when a child is presenting with selective eating.
CitationChater A., Stein S., Chowdhury U. (2012) 'Take note of the fuss: selective eating and autistic spectrum disorders', Community practitioner : the journal of the Community Practitioners' & Health Visitors' Association, 85 (12), pp.37-39.
JournalCommunity practitioner : the journal of the Community Practitioners' & Health Visitors' Association
- Investigating autism spectrum disorder and autistic traits in early onset eating disorder.
- Authors: Pooni J, Ninteman A, Bryant-Waugh R, Nicholls D, Mandy W
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Validation of the phenomenon of autistic regression using home videotapes.
- Authors: Werner E, Dawson G
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- The effects of developmental quotient and diagnostic criteria on challenging behaviors in toddlers with developmental disabilities.
- Authors: Medeiros K, Kozlowski AM, Beighley JS, Rojahn J, Matson JL
- Issue date: 2012 Jul-Aug
- Trend study of autistic spectrum disorders at Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health.
- Authors: Plubrukarn R, Piyasil V, Moungnoi P, Tanprasert S, Chutchawalitsakul V
- Issue date: 2005 Jul
- Prevalence of autism spectrum disorders--Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, 14 sites, United States, 2008.
- Authors: Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network Surveillance Year 2008 Principal Investigators., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 30