Access and utilisation of primary health care services comparing urban and rural areas of Riyadh Providence, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has seen an increase in chronic diseases. International evidence suggests that early intervention is the best approach to reduce the burden of chronic disease. However, the limited research available suggests that health care access remains unequal, with rural populations having the poorest access to and utilisation of primary health care centres and, consequently, the poorest health outcomes. This study aimed to examine the factors influencing the access to and utilisation of primary health care centres in urban and rural areas of Riyadh province of the KSA.
CitationAlfaqeeh G, Cook E, Randhawa G, Ali N (2017) 'Access and utilisation of primary health care services comparing urban and rural areas of Riyadh Providence, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia', BMC Health Services Research, 17 (106), pp.-.
JournalBMC Health Services Research
PubMed Central IDPMC5288856
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Green - can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
- Disparities in the access to primary healthcare in rural areas from the county of Iasi - Romania.
- Authors: Duma OO, Roşu ST, Manole M, Petrariu FD, Constantin B
- Issue date: 2014 Jul-Sep
- [Inequality in access to health services between urban and rural areas in Brazil: a disaggregation of factors from 1998 to 2008].
- Authors: Arruda NM, Maia AG, Alves LC
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 21
- Urban-rural difference in satisfaction with primary healthcare services in Ghana.
- Authors: Yaya S, Bishwajit G, Ekholuenetale M, Shah V, Kadio B, Udenigwe O
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 25
- Does distance matter? Geographical variation in GP out-of-hours service use: an observational study.
- Authors: Turnbull J, Martin D, Lattimer V, Pope C, Culliford D
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Chronic disease patients' experiences with accessing health care in rural and remote areas: a systematic review and qualitative meta-synthesis.
- Authors: Brundisini F, Giacomini M, DeJean D, Vanstone M, Winsor S, Smith A
- Issue date: 2013