Wnt-11 promotes neuroendocrine-like differentiation, survival and migration of prostate cancer cells
Walker, Marjorie M.
Darrington, R. Siobhan
Kypta, Robert M.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWnt-11 is a secreted protein that modulates cell growth, differentiation and morphogenesis during development. We previously reported that Wnt-11 expression is elevated in hormone-independent prostate cancer and that the progression of prostate cancer from androgen-dependent to androgen-independent proliferation correlates with a loss of mutual inhibition between Wnt-11- and androgen receptor-dependent signals. However, the prevalence of increased expression of Wnt-11 in patient tumours and the functions of Wnt-11 in prostate cancer cells were not known.
CitationUysal-Onganer, P. et al (2010) 'Wnt-11 promotes neuroendocrine-like differentiation, survival and migration of prostate cancer cells' Mol. Cancer 9:55
PubMed Central IDPMC2846888
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Autophagy pathway is required for IL-6 induced neuroendocrine differentiation and chemoresistance of prostate cancer LNCaP cells.
- Authors: Chang PC, Wang TY, Chang YT, Chu CY, Lee CL, Hsu HW, Zhou TA, Wu Z, Kim RH, Desai SJ, Liu S, Kung HJ
- Issue date: 2014
- Androgen-responsive and -unresponsive prostate cancer cell lines respond differently to stimuli inducing neuroendocrine differentiation.
- Authors: Marchiani S, Tamburrino L, Nesi G, Paglierani M, Gelmini S, Orlando C, Maggi M, Forti G, Baldi E
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Elevated circulating tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) levels are associated with neuroendocrine differentiation in castration resistant prostate cancer.
- Authors: Gong Y, Chippada-Venkata UD, Galsky MD, Huang J, Oh WK
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Release of macrophage migration inhibitory factor by neuroendocrine-differentiated LNCaP cells sustains the proliferation and survival of prostate cancer cells.
- Authors: Tawadros T, Alonso F, Jichlinski P, Clarke N, Calandra T, Haefliger JA, Roger T
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Effect of AQP9 Expression in Androgen-Independent Prostate Cancer Cell PC3.
- Authors: Chen Q, Zhu L, Zheng B, Wang J, Song X, Zheng W, Wang L, Yang D, Wang J
- Issue date: 2016 May 14