Ursodeoxycholic acid in patients with chronic heart failure: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial
Authorsvon Haehling, Stephan
Schefold, Joerg C.
Jankowska, Ewa A.
Kalra, Paul R.
Coats, Andrew J.S.
Poole-Wilson, Philip A.
Anker, Stefan D.
AffiliationCharité Medical School
Military Hospital, Wroclaw
University of East Anglia
National Heart and Lung Institute
Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
Medical University of Graz
Medical University of Vienna
IRCCS San Raffaele
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis study sought to assess the effects of ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) on endothelial function and inflammatory markers in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF).
Citationvon Haehling, S. et al (2012) 'Ursodeoxycholic acid in patients with chronic heart failure: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial' J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 59 (6):585-92
PublisherAmerican College of Cardiology
- Functional improvement in heart failure patients treated with beta-blockers is associated with a decline of cytokine levels.
- Authors: Mayer B, Holmer SR, Hengstenberg C, Lieb W, Pfeifer M, Schunkert H
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 18
- Exercise training in patients with advanced chronic heart failure (NYHA IIIb) promotes restoration of peripheral vasomotor function, induction of endogenous regeneration, and improvement of left ventricular function.
- Authors: Erbs S, Höllriegel R, Linke A, Beck EB, Adams V, Gielen S, Möbius-Winkler S, Sandri M, Kränkel N, Hambrecht R, Schuler G
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot trial of infliximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody to tumor necrosis factor-alpha, in patients with moderate-to-severe heart failure: results of the anti-TNF Therapy Against Congestive Heart Failure (ATTACH) trial.
- Authors: Chung ES, Packer M, Lo KH, Fasanmade AA, Willerson JT, Anti-TNF Therapy Against Congestive Heart Failure Investigators.
- Issue date: 2003 Jul 1
- Intravenous iron reduces NT-pro-brain natriuretic peptide in anemic patients with chronic heart failure and renal insufficiency.
- Authors: Toblli JE, Lombraña A, Duarte P, Di Gennaro F
- Issue date: 2007 Oct 23
- Effects of 5'-phosphodiesterase four-week long inhibition with sildenafil in patients with chronic heart failure: a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial.
- Authors: Behling A, Rohde LE, Colombo FC, Goldraich LA, Stein R, Clausell N
- Issue date: 2008 Apr