Simvastatin reduces wasting and improves cardiac function as well as outcome in experimental cancer cachexia
von Haehling, Stephan
Flach, Valerie C.
Anker, Stefan D.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChronic inflammation is common in cancer cachexia (CC) and directly involved in the atrophy seen in this condition. Recently, several groups have described a form of cardiomyopathy in CC animal models. Hence, we investigated the effect of simvastatin with its known anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective effects in a rat model of CC.
CitationPalus, S. et al (2013) 'Simvastatin reduces wasting and improves cardiac function as well as outcome in experimental cancer cachexia' Int. J. Cardiol. 168 (4):3412-8
- Rosiglitazone reduces body wasting and improves survival in a rat model of cancer cachexia.
- Authors: Trobec K, Palus S, Tschirner A, von Haehling S, Doehner W, Lainscak M, Anker SD, Springer J
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Tandospirone reduces wasting and improves cardiac function in experimental cancer cachexia.
- Authors: Elkina Y, Palus S, Tschirner A, Hartmann K, von Haehling S, Doehner W, Mayer U, Coats AJ, Beadle J, Anker SD, Springer J
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 10
- The xanthine oxidase inhibitor oxypurinol reduces cancer cachexia-induced cardiomyopathy.
- Authors: Springer J, Tschirner A, Hartman K, von Haehling S, Anker SD, Doehner W
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 9
- Megestrol acetate improves cardiac function in a model of cancer cachexia-induced cardiomyopathy by autophagic modulation.
- Authors: Musolino V, Palus S, Tschirner A, Drescher C, Gliozzi M, Carresi C, Vitale C, Muscoli C, Doehner W, von Haehling S, Anker SD, Mollace V, Springer J
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Erythropoietin improves cardiac wasting and outcomes in a rat model of liver cancer cachexia.
- Authors: Saitoh M, Hatanaka M, Konishi M, Ishida J, Palus S, Ebner N, Döhner W, von Haehling S, Anker SD, Springer J
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 1