Computer-assisted versus oral-and-written family history taking for identifying people with elevated risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDiabetes is a chronic illness characterised by insulin resistance or deficiency, resulting in elevated glycosylated haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) levels. Because diabetes tends to run in families, the collection of data is an important tool for identifying people with elevated risk of type2 diabetes. Traditionally, oral-and-written data collection methods are employed but computer-assisted history taking systems (CAHTS) are increasingly used. Although CAHTS were first described in the 1960s, there remains uncertainty about the impact of these methods on family history taking, clinical care and patient outcomes such as health-related quality of life.
CitationPappas, Y., Wei, I., Car, J., Majeed, A. and Sheikh, A. (2011) 'Computer-assisted versus oral-and-written family history taking for identifying people with elevated risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus', Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 12, Wiley [Online]. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD008489.pub2/pdf (Accessed: 24 July 2013).
PublisherThe Cochrane Collaboration
- Computer-assisted versus oral-and-written dietary history taking for diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Wei I, Pappas Y, Car J, Sheikh A, Majeed A
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 7
- Computer-Assisted versus Oral-and-Written History Taking for the Prevention and Management of Cardiovascular Disease: a Systematic Review of the Literature.
- Authors: Pappas Y, Všetečková J, Poduval S, Tseng PC, Car J
- Issue date: 2017
- Culturally appropriate health education for people in ethnic minority groups with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Attridge M, Creamer J, Ramsden M, Cannings-John R, Hawthorne K
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 4
- Reminder systems for women with previous gestational diabetes mellitus to increase uptake of testing for type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance.
- Authors: Middleton P, Crowther CA
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 18
- Transition of care for adolescents from paediatric services to adult health services.
- Authors: Campbell F, Biggs K, Aldiss SK, O'Neill PM, Clowes M, McDonagh J, While A, Gibson F
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 29