Acute antioxidant pre-treatment attenuates endothelial microparticle release after decompression
AuthorsChrismas, Bryna C.
Midgley, Adrian W.
Vince, Rebecca V.
Madden, Leigh A.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe hyperbaric and hyperoxic effects of a dive have been demonstrated to elicit changes in oxidative stress, endothelial function and microparticle (MP) release. Endothelial MP, which are small membrane vesicles shed from the endothelium, have been suggested as a valid in vivo marker of endothelial function. Furthermore, recent research has shown an increase in CD105 MP post-dive to be associated with a decline in endothelial function. The aim of this study was to ascertain whether antioxidant (AOX) pre-treatment can attenuate increased CD105 MP release post-dive.
CitationChrismas, B.C. Madden, L. Midgley, A. Taylor, L. McNaughton, L & Laden, G. (2010) 'Acute antioxidant pre treatment attenuates endothelial microparticle release after decompression', Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine, 40, pp. 184 – 188.
JournalDiving and hyperbaric medicine : the journal of the South Pacific Underwater Medicine Society
- Endothelial function and stress response after simulated dives to 18 msw breathing air or oxygen.
- Authors: Madden LA, Chrismas BC, Mellor D, Vince RV, Midgley AW, McNaughton LR, Atkin SL, Laden G
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Release of VCAM-1 associated endothelial microparticles following simulated SCUBA dives.
- Authors: Vince RV, McNaughton LR, Taylor L, Midgley AW, Laden G, Madden LA
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- The effects of acute oral antioxidants on diving-induced alterations in human cardiovascular function.
- Authors: Obad A, Palada I, Valic Z, Ivancev V, Baković D, Wisløff U, Brubakk AO, Dujić Z
- Issue date: 2007 Feb 1
- Blood platelet-derived microparticles release and bubble formation after an open-sea air dive.
- Authors: Pontier JM, Gempp E, Ignatescu M
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Evaluation of critical flicker fusion frequency and perceived fatigue in divers after air and enriched air nitrox diving.
- Authors: Lafère P, Balestra C, Hemelryck W, Donda N, Sakr A, Taher A, Marroni S, Germonpré P
- Issue date: 2010 Sep