Endothelial function and stress response after simulated dives to 18 msw breathing air or oxygen
AuthorsMadden, Leigh A.
Chrismas, Bryna C.
Vince, Rebecca V.
Midgley, Adrian W.
McNaughton, Lars R.
Atkin, Stephen L.
AffiliationUniversity of Hull
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDecompression sickness is caused by gas bubbles released upon decompression. These bubbles have the potential to occlude blood vessels and damage the vascular endothelium. The aim of this study was to quantify damage to the vascular endothelium resulting from decompression by measuring endothelial microparticles (MP) and endothelial function.
CitationMadden, L.A. Chrismas, B.C. Mellor, D. Vince, R.V., Midgley, A.W., McNaughton, L.R., Atkin, S.L. and Laden, G. (2009) 'Endothelial function and stress response after simulated dives to 18msw breathing air or oxygen', Aviation Space and Environmental Medicine, 81 (1), pp. 41 –45.
PublisherAerospace Medical Association
- Bubble formation and endothelial function before and after 3 months of dive training.
- Authors: Pontier JM, Guerrero F, Castagna O
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- A single air dive reduces arterial endothelial function in man.
- Authors: Brubakk AO, Duplancic D, Valic Z, Palada I, Obad A, Bakovic D, Wisloff U, Dujic Z
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 1
- Enriched Air Nitrox Breathing Reduces Venous Gas Bubbles after Simulated SCUBA Diving: A Double-Blind Cross-Over Randomized Trial.
- Authors: Souday V, Koning NJ, Perez B, Grelon F, Mercat A, Boer C, Seegers V, Radermacher P, Asfar P
- Issue date: 2016
- Influence of oxygen enriched gases during decompression on bubble formation and endothelial function in self-contained underwater breathing apparatus diving: a randomized controlled study.
- Authors: Šegrt Ribičić I, Valić M, Božić J, Obad A, Glavaš D, Glavičić I, Valić Z
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 13
- Effect of in-water oxygen prebreathing at different depths on decompression-induced bubble formation and platelet activation.
- Authors: Bosco G, Yang ZJ, Di Tano G, Camporesi EM, Faralli F, Savini F, Landolfi A, Doria C, Fanò G
- Issue date: 2010 May