Structure, electronic circular dichroism and Raman optical activity in the gas phase and in solution: a computational and experimental investigation.
AuthorsMacleod, Neil A.
Simons, John P.
Grant, Guy H.
Baker, Christopher M.
Tranter, George E.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA computational (ab initio and molecular dynamics) and experimental exploration of the relative importance of molecular conformation and explicit solvent effects on the electronic circular dichroism (ECD) of chiral molecules, is presented. The exploration includes an assessment of the validity of angular correlation (sector) rules linking ECD to molecular conformation. It is based upon studies of 1-(R) phenylethanol (including its Raman optical activity spectrum), the corresponding 'benchmark' base, 1-(R)-phenylethylamine and its protonated cation; their hydrated clusters in the gas phase; and their non-polar and aqueous solutions.
CitationMacleod, N.A., Butz, P., Simons, J.P., Grant, G.H., Baker, C.M., Tranter, G.E. (2005) 'Structure, electronic circular dichroism and Raman optical activity in the gas phase and in solution: a computational and experimental investigation', 'Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics PCCP', 7(7),pp.1432-1440.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Vibrational Raman optical activity of 1-phenylethanol and 1-phenylethylamine: revisiting old friends.
- Authors: Kapitán J, Johannessen C, Bour P, Hecht L, Barron LD
- Issue date: 2009
- The Clusters-in-a-Liquid Approach for Solvation: New Insights from the Conformer Specific Gas Phase Spectroscopy and Vibrational Optical Activity Spectroscopy.
- Authors: Perera AS, Thomas J, Poopari MR, Xu Y
- Issue date: 2016
- Solvent effects on IR and VCD spectra of helical peptides: DFT-based static spectral simulations with explicit water.
- Authors: Kubelka J, Huang R, Keiderling TA
- Issue date: 2005 Apr 28
- Vibrational and electronic circular dichroism of dimethyl mesobilirubins-XIIIα.
- Authors: Abbate S, Lebon F, Longhi G, Boiadjiev SE, Lightner DA
- Issue date: 2012 May 17
- Infrared and vibrational CD spectra of partially solvated alpha-helices: DFT-based simulations with explicit solvent.
- Authors: Turner DR, Kubelka J
- Issue date: 2007 Feb 22