"Don't know enough about it!": awareness and attitudes toward organ donation and transplantation among the black Caribbean and black African population in Lambeth, Southwark, and Lewisham, United Kingdom.
AffiliationKing's College Hospital
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe current demand for transplant organs, particularly kidneys, far outweighs the supply in the United Kingdom. This problem is particularly severe for the black African and black Caribbean population, who have been shown to have a disproportionately greater presentation on kidney transplant waiting lists in some regions of the United Kingdom. The situation is clear: There is an urgent need to address the number of black African and black Caribbean patients requiring a kidney transplant, otherwise the human and economic costs will be high.
CitationDavis, C. and Randhawa, G. (2004) '"Don't know enough about it!": awareness and attitudes toward organ donation and transplantation among the black Caribbean and black African population in Lambeth, Southwark, and Lewisham, United Kingdom', Transplantation,78 (3)pp.420-5.
PublisherLippincott, Williams & Wilkins
- The influence of religion on organ donation and transplantation among the Black Caribbean and Black African population--a pilot study in the United Kingdom.
- Authors: Davis C, Randhawa G
- Issue date: 2006 Winter
- Ethnicity and attitudes to deceased kidney donation: a survey in Barbados and comparison with Black Caribbean people in the United Kingdom.
- Authors: Morgan M, Adams OP, Seed PT, Jones R
- Issue date: 2010 May 21
- Awareness and attitudes towards organ donation and transplantation among the asian population. A preliminary survey in Luton, UK.
- Authors: Darr A, Randhawa G
- Issue date: 1999
- Attitudes to deceased organ donation and registration as a donor among minority ethnic groups in North America and the U.K.: a synthesis of quantitative and qualitative research.
- Authors: Morgan M, Kenten C, Deedat S, Donate Programme Team
- Issue date: 2013
- Barriers to early diagnosis of symptomatic breast cancer: a qualitative study of Black African, Black Caribbean and White British women living in the UK.
- Authors: Jones CE, Maben J, Lucas G, Davies EA, Jack RH, Ream E
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 13