Housekeeping genes for cryopreservation studies on zebrafish embryos and blastomeres.
AffiliationUniversity of Bedfordshire
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCryopreservation success is usually analysed in terms of cell survival, although there are other potential effects that do not necessarily result in cell death. These include DNA damage, which could result in altered gene expression. Real-time reverse transcriptase PCR allows quantitative analysis of gene expression but usually requires analysis of a 'housekeeping' gene as an internal reference. As the stability of housekeeping genes varies significantly among different groups of samples, it is recommended that those chosen are validated for each different type of sample group. This study aimed to validate housekeeping genes for use in cryopreservation studies of zebrafish embryos. Seven potential housekeeping genes were analysed across fresh and chilled intact embryos and across fresh and frozen isolated blastomeres using the GeNorm and NormFinder software packages. Results suggest that combined use of beta-actin and EF1alpha as housekeeping genes would be suitable for cryopreservation studies on zebrafish embryos and blastomeres.
CitationLin, C., Spikings, E., Zhang, T., Rawson, D.M. (2009) 'Housekeeping genes for cryopreservation studies on zebrafish embryos and blastomeres' Theriogenology 71 (7):1147-1155
- Effect of chilling and cryopreservation on expression of Pax genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos and blastomeres.
- Authors: Lin C, Spikings E, Zhang T, Rawson DM
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Cryopreservation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) blastomeres by controlled slow cooling.
- Authors: Lin C, Zhang T, Rawson DM
- Issue date: 2009 Mar-Apr
- Cryoprotective effects of antifreeze proteins delivered into zebrafish embryos.
- Authors: Martínez-Páramo S, Barbosa V, Pérez-Cerezales S, Robles V, Herráez MP
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Feasibility of cryopreservation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) primordial germ cells by whole embryo freezing.
- Authors: Higaki S, Mochizuki K, Baba H, Akashi Y, Yamaha E, Katagiri S, Takahashi Y
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Vitrification of zebrafish embryo blastomeres in microvolumes.
- Authors: Cardona-Costa J, García-Ximénez F
- Issue date: 2007 Jul-Aug