AffiliationUniversity of Bedfordshire
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSinclair, A.J., Vilgoes, A. (2010) 'The metabolic syndrome in older persons', Clinics in Geriatric Medicine 26 (2):261-74
JournalClinics in Geriatric Medicine
- Age-associated increase in abdominal obesity and insulin resistance, and usefulness of AHA/NHLBI definition of metabolic syndrome for predicting cardiovascular disease in Japanese elderly with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Sakurai T, Iimuro S, Araki A, Umegaki H, Ohashi Y, Yokono K, Ito H
- Issue date: 2010
- Epidemiology of the metabolic syndrome, 2002.
- Authors: Meigs JB
- Issue date: 2002 Sep
- Impact of different definitions of the metabolic syndrome on the prevalence of organ damage, cardiometabolic risk and cardiovascular events.
- Authors: Mancia G, Bombelli M, Facchetti R, Casati A, Ronchi I, Quarti-Trevano F, Arenare F, Grassi G, Sega R
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Metabolic syndrome components and age-related cataract: the Singapore Malay eye study.
- Authors: Sabanayagam C, Wang JJ, Mitchell P, Tan AG, Tai ES, Aung T, Saw SM, Wong TY
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 14
- Relative androgen deficiency in relation to obesity and metabolic status in older men.
- Authors: Chen RY, Wittert GA, Andrews GR
- Issue date: 2006 Jul