AffiliationKing's College London
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe overview the current status and most recent developments in the field of cancer gene therapy from an international viewpoint. We have largely based our review on presentations from the eighth annual meeting of the International Society for Cell and Gene Therapy of Cancer held in Mumbai, India (http://www.iscgt.com and http://www.iscgtindia.com). This has afforded us with the opportunity to describe the most recently published and unpublished data in the field of cancer gene therapy, gaining an insight into the priorities in this field today. In doing so, we hope to have provided a state of the art review of cancer gene therapy, with the help of some of the best-known researchers in the field. In addition, due to the location of the meeting, we had a unique opportunity to listen to some of the seminal cancer gene therapy work being performed in India at this time.
CitationGuinn, B.A., Mulherkar, R. (2008) 'International progress in cancer gene therapy' Cancer Gene Therapy 15 (12):765-75
PublisherNature Publishing Group
JournalCancer gene therapy
- Gene therapy progress and prospects cancer: oncolytic viruses.
- Authors: Liu TC, Kirn D
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Exploiting diversity: genetic approaches to creating highly potent and efficacious oncolytic viruses.
- Authors: Bauzon M, Hermiston TW
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Natural and genetically engineered viral agents for oncolysis and gene therapy of human cancers.
- Authors: Sinkovics JG, Horvath JC
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Recent developments in the use of adenoviruses and immunotoxins in cancer gene therapy.
- Authors: Yang ZR, Wang HF, Zhao J, Peng YY, Wang J, Guinn BA, Huang LQ
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Cytokine and immuno-gene therapy for solid tumors.
- Authors: Li CY, Huang Q, Kung HF
- Issue date: 2005 Apr